Thursday, July 29, 2004

DNC: Day 3

I was sad that Dennis Kucinich spoke early in the day and I was unable to watch it. Instead they gave a good slot to the babbling idiot Al Sharpton, I can not beleive they even let that guy speak, he makes the democratic party look bad, shut him up!

Here is a quote from Dennis' speech:

"I was mayor of Cleveland, and I tell you have seen weapons of mass destruction - - in our cities. Poverty is a weapon of mass destruction. Joblessness is a weapon of mass destruction, homelessness is a weapon of mass destruction, racism is a weapon of mass destruction, fear is a weapon of mass destruction.

We must disarm these weapons and we must turn the military budget into books, schools, teachers, housing, health care, job creation and stronger neighborhoods."

Thats good stuff, you can read the whole thing here.

John Edwards speech was okay, it was nothing I have not heard him say 50 times before though, but good non-the-less, he is a good man.

No comments: